The best approach to lockdown participationThis page describes the best approach to lockdown participation in WISEflow based on the EPO setup.
Laptop/desktop with a large external monitor and newer USB-connected external camera.
Only one screen can be used during locked-down exams, and thus it is recommended to have a large external monitor as the active screen as complex pages will be part of the assignment.
To ensure unhindered network access and a computer with the least amount of affecting applications/configurations, it is recommended to use a private (non-work related) computer and to participate in a non-company environment.
- Processor: 1.2/2.4 GHz
- Memory: +4 GB RAM
- Disk Space: +2 GB Storage free
- Windows 10 or 11/ Mac OS 11.2+
- ASUS VivoBook 14 K413EA-AM756T
- Acer Aspire 5 A515-55-31V3
- Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ARE05 Ryzen 5
- Any new Macbook
External monitor: Minimum 26” screen size and connected by HDMI or DisplayPort
External camera: 720p HD with a built-in microphone
A computer with the above specifications should minimise hardware-based issues during locked-down flows. Furthermore, the following checklist would help prepare the softer parts of the setup in the best way possible.
Computer setup when running FLOWlock
- Reboot the computer before starting and ensure antivirus/malware protection is not running in the background.
- Close all running applications besides the browser accessing WISEflow
- Attach your computer to the power outlet
- Ensure robust and direct internet connection (not through VPN)
- Ensure a firewall is not enabled
- Install the FLOWlock browser from the WISEflow flow page
Before launching FLOWlock
- Ensure proper lighting (point towards external windows)
- Ensure quiet surroundings
- If using a laptop, close the lid on the laptop to ensure only the desired external monitor is being used.
- Ensure that the external camera and its microphone are the default selected camera on the computer and that it is working properly, and that the browser/device has permission to access these resources.
Please read the troubleshooting guides here if there are any issues with the lockdown browser or camera/microphone.
- Ensure that the correct camera is selected in the launch sequence and that the background lighting is optimal
- Ensure that the correct microphone is selected in the launch sequence and that background noises are minimised
- Do not swap camera or microphone during participation, as this may lead to malfunctioning camera functionality.